Click Here to Download Crescendo Competition 2019 Application form.
Click Here to Download General information, Rules and Regulations.
Crescendo International Music Competition is a musical competition held annually for our youth since 2007. We will be holding competitions in various establishments throughout USA, Canada, Europe and Asia from November 2018 to February 2019.
There will be two rounds in Crescendo International Competition:
- First Round
- audition ( Live audition, or video recording submission) when the judges will select top students. Placing is determined by total faults and achievements displayed by contestants.
- Best performers might be promoted for Prize, or other cash rewards.
- Participants may apply for auditions as many times as they like. One composition is considered as one entry.
- Second Round
- Winner’s recital.
- Winners’ recitals for the First and Second Place winners will be held in Weill Recital Hall or Zankel Hall of Carnegie Hall.
- All participants are eligible to perform at the recitals held at Baruch Performing Arts Center in New York, NY and Rockport Music Recital Hall in Rockport, MA.
Students will receive board certified diplomas and instructors with five or more First and Second Place winners will receive a Certificate of Excellence.
A participant may qualify to perform at the Winners’ recital more than once, as a soloist or a member of an ensemble. Each recital performance will be billed separately.
Best performers will be awarded cash prizes.
Selected group of First Place Winners will be recommended for participation in the International Student Exchange Program hosted throughout USA, Canada, Europe and Asia.
Crescendo International Music Competition is open to all instrumentalists (Piano, Strings and Winds), duets, ensembles and vocalists ages 5-22.
Participants will be grouped according to their age as of November 1, 2018.
Each group will be divided into three competing categories: Junior, Intermediate or Advanced, based on the student’s experience.
An original copy of the Application must be submitted via one of the following means:
On-line application –
If you choose to submit an online application, please select an audition location you will participate, fill in all the required information on the online form and click on Submit button at the bottom of the form. Please note online registration fee is $85 US payable by paypal.
Download Application: https://www.crescendocompetition.org/uploads/docs/CIC_APPLICATION-2018-19.pdf
All video DVD or Flash Drive recording must be submitted to the main office of the competition:
Crescendo Music Competition 2018-19
9 Morth Main Street, Suite #4, Marlboro,
- non-refundable Application fee of will be assessed.:
Solo Performance: $80 USD
Duet: $130 USD
Trio: $175 USD
Ensemble of 4 or more members: $ 50 USD per member
- US Checks and US money orders should be made payable to Crescendo Competitions, Inc., and are to be submitted along with the completed application(s) to Crescendo Competitions local representatives in various locations. We accept ONE check from teachers, no exceptions will be granted.
- Online payment includes extra $5 USD paypal fee.
- Deadline for the live auditions and video recording submission : November 1, 2018.
- Late Registration Fee of $50 USD/per student will be charged for Application received after
November 1, 2018. Applications received after November 10 , 2018 is not accepted
- Participants may apply for auditions as many times as they like for solo and /or ensemble performances. One composition is considered as one entry.
• One selection of Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Modern work must be chosen and performed from memory (Arrangements, simplified editions, popular music and/or non-classical music from method books are not acceptable).
• Classification of Divisions: using Royal Conservatory Examination grading system for reference
Junior Division: Beginner to RCM Grade 4
Intermediate Division: RCM Grade 5 –Grade 9
Senior Division: RCM Grade 10 and above
• No changes in the submitted repertoire may be made once a contestant is admitted.
• Organized committee may have the rights to decide the placement for each participants
• Performance time should not exceed 6 minutes. If performance time is greater them 6 min, performer will be asked to stop their performance.
Audition will be held at the following four audition centers in Vancouver:
November 16, 2018 at Steinway Piano Gallery Calgary, 76 Heritage Gate SE, Calgary, AB T2H 3A7
· Please note that audition format doesn’t permit presence of parents, or teachers.
· Once the application and payment are received. We will email you your schedule. Please bring original score to the audition.
· Late fee of $50 USD / per student will be charged for an application received after the deadline until November 10, 2018.
· Audition fee is not refundable.
· The original final score given by the judge will be emailed to the participants or their teachers within 14 days after the audition. No make ups will be allowed and the ruling passed by the judge will be final.
· All contestant must wear proper attire.
• Ellgible winners will be contacted to register for recitals in New York 2 weeks after the initial audition.
• Winniers Recitals will be held at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall, 154 West 57th Street, New York, NY on February 10, 2019 (12:30pm, or 4:30pm); scheduled to be confirmed.
• A Recital fee of $220 USD will be assessed for a Solo Performance
• A Recital fee of $280 USD will be assessed for a Duet Performance;
• A Recital fee of $340 USD will ne assessed as a Trio Performance;
• A Recital Fee of $110 USD per participant will be assessed for an ensemble of four and more musicians.
Note: Recital Fee includes a ticket for the participant and the competition diploma.
The Photo package fee is $100 USD. It will include 5-10 professional high definition images of the performer on the stage.
• Deadline for Winners Recitals: December 11, 2018 ; no late payment is accepted.
• All fees will be submitted to in person
money order payable to: Crescendo Competitions, Inc.
• Please note : all registration fees and recital fees are non refundable.
Please be advise:
• At the Winners’ Recital, the participant performs ONE piece, eg. One movement of Sonata/Sonatina; One
Selection from Partita, Suite or any ordered set of pieces.
• Duration of music selection should not exceed 6 minutes. Performer will be charged an extra 4100 for each additional minute.
• Award presentations will be presented at the end of the recital. Please note that NO Certificates nor prize will be sent via mail or before the concert finished.
• Every participant may order up to 4 tickets at a discount price of $10 each.
• Additional guest tickets are $50 USD each
• Reserved tickets will be available for pick up at the Carnegie Hall Box Office in named envelopes 1-2 hours prior
• Additional guest tickets may be purchased at the box office on the day of the recital.
• Students who did not perform in the Winners’ Recital are considered withdrawn from the competition and will not
receive a Winners’ Certificate.
• Please note that the use of cameras, camcorders or any audio/visual recording devices is strictly forbidden at the
First Place Honor
Second Place Honor
Third Place Honor
PRIZES (monetary grants).
Cash reward fund of Crescendo International Competition now over 10,000 USD.
Grand Prize $1,000
First Prize $500
Second Prize $300
Third Prize $200
Additionally, 300 Cash prizes will be awarded to "Best Performance" within the performer's respective age group,
• Please, note that the award system is established in a manner which those who receive the First Place honor are not necessarily predisposed to receive a Prize. An applicant's placement does not always correspond to the Prize they receive. With that being said, only judges may promote a winner's Prize in the case of a special achievement.
•Students will receive board certified diplomas and instructors will receive a certificate of excellence.
•Students who have been qualified and participated in the Crescendo International Competition's Carnegie Hall winners' recitals for 5 (five) consecutive years or more are eligible to receive Certificate of Achievements accompanying the Qualification Record for presentation in High School and College for receiving extra credits and placement in High School or College program.
•winners are eligible to participate in the upcoming International Student Exchange Program (SEP) hosted the USA, Canada, Germany, Austria, Russia and China.
Have all your questions answered — by phone or email.
Get the latest from Steinway Piano Gallery Calgary.